Monday, March 8, 2010

Seasons

I've decided to continue my participation with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's TNT program. But this season I'm doing something a bit different- I'm a training captain for Team In Training, rather than a participant. It has been a great experience so far. Not only to I get to run, and get to tell people what to do, but I get to tell people what to do about running! In all seriousness, it feels great to take on the responsibility and share what I know (some things learned the hard way) about running. Everyone has it in them to make it across the finish line of his or her endurance race. Just some guidance is all I offer. Big Thanks to Coach Lisa (my first TNT coach) who took me into her team of coaches and captains.
[caption id="attachment_129" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Brave New Runners: Summer Season TNT... in the Winter"][/caption]

We are well into the Summer season of Team in Training and only now is it finally feeling like Spring. I hope to be done with my running tights until next winter. I don't want to wear gloves or under armor any more. No more wool socks; no more earmuffs. I had a stare-down with my tights last Saturday. Because of my recent trip to France, I hadn't worn them in a while. Still cold last week, I opted for shorts regardless. I was going stir crazy. That morning, my tights won. I donned them once more. But it HAS to be the last time.

Today is an absolutely beautiful day, as was yesterday. Still haven't been out running in the sun yet- Sunday was my rest day and today I'm scheduled for the gym. I was planning on running on the treadmill for convenience, but maybe I'll duck out after my strength training and go find the Hudson River bike path. Yes, that just may be the most brilliant idea of the day...

0 comments:

Post a Comment