Monday, August 10, 2009

Broken Arm

No, not my arm. My physical therapist's arm. I think I’d trade his ailment for mine. That way I could run and he could work on me.

I shouldn’t wish my ailment on him though. Coach Michael broke his arm in the NYC triathlon a couple weeks back. He is doing a yearlong fund raising effort for the LLS by competing in one endurance event per month. I have one marathon lined up this year. He has a few left and needs his legs more than I do. I emailed him earlier today wishing him a fast recovery… and inquired about my dilemma as well.

My 5.3 mile run last week went well. My Saturday run did not. It was a fun run that I participated in with the rest of my LLS Team In Training group on Park Avenue as part of the mayor’s Summer Streets program. Park Ave was cleared of traffic for pedestrian use all the way to 72nd Street. But I only made it 7.2 miles before stopping because of the same pain. Still, it’s an improvement so I was ok with it until this morning. Again, I couldn’t make it 2 miles. What am I doing wrong? I hope Coach Michael as time to respond. I’m going to try a few things on my own involving my gluteus maximus and a softball. Sounds painful? Yup, it is. But if I can run again, it will be worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment