Monday, September 28, 2009

One Mile

5:36. It appears I haven't gained any speed since the last time I ran the Continental Fifth Avenue One Mile race two years ago. I had hoped to break the five minute mark, but as the summer rolled on, it became obvious that I wouldn't be able to. Still though, I'm happy to see that I am not any slower. And even though my training has suffered, I'm not doing so bad. It just reinforces my though now. I will be taking it easy on my body, letting my IT bands heal. I do not want to hobble for 26.2 miles come November 1st. I'll do less speed work, same strengthening but shorter, and more endurance mileage work. Today I leave for Paris. My colleague TC was nice enough to book me in a hotel close to a park that is good for running. It is also along the Seine. I hope there is a path along it that I can run on. Mileage will be my focus. I have less than 5 weeks left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment