Monday, July 27, 2009

Number Three

Three years ago I ran my first marathon with Team In Training, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's endurance training/fund raising program.  K, my girlfriend at the time, inspired me to accomplish this feat with the intent of supporting an organization worthy of our efforts.  Over the span of five months and hundreds of miles, we raised a combined $12,000.  I was hooked.

November first of this year, I will be running my third marathon, and it will be my second effort with the LLS.  Thanks to the generous individuals who have already contributed in the last week, I have raised $750 in the last week!

A fellow running junkie, Pie-man, suggested I share my training progress with whomever may be interested, especially those who give their hard earned money toward the cause.  I'm not entirely convinced anyone is as interested in reading about running as I am in writing about it, but just in case...

I formally intruduce my running blog.  Yes, that's right, I blog now.

And if you have an itch to support a cause, I suggest this one: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

0 comments:

Post a Comment