Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Point Eight

Last night I ran for the first time in two weeks. I was hoping to get in at least 4 miles, but all I could muster was 1.8. It was supposed to be a test for my IT band in my left leg. Turns out the one in my right leg isn’t doing so hot. True, I have neglected it the past couple weeks, focusing on the lame leg instead. But I think the 13.4 mile hike deep into the Adirondack back country is more to blame. Turns out hiking in rough terrain is high impact. Who knew?

My “bad” leg seemed ok. A bit tight. My “good” leg did not feel so good. I could have run through it, but then perhaps the cycle would start all over again with the other leg. So I didn’t. I walked back to my parent’s house (I was in upstate NY) a bit frustrated, but determined to give it another go tonight.

I am a few miles outside of Milwaukee in a Ford Excursion with my family. We have been on the road since 6 this morning. We’ll arrive at our hotel around 9:41pm, unpack the vehicle, and I’ll find a place to put in some miles. I just hope it’s well lit and not on a highway.

**Update**
I was way too tired to run when we arrived at the hotel. This morning i woke at 6:30am for two conference calls (work, work work...) and hit the road around 9am. Again, I only made it about 1.8 miles before my leg started acting up. I stopped to stretch it some and continued. I would not let this stop me today. so I pushed through and did about 4 miles. I stretched, rolled out both quads as instructed, iced my IT bands, ate some breakfast, and now I will continue with my day. Tomorrow is another day and I plan on running another 4-5 miles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment